Also known as scaling and root planning, this treatment is needed in order to remove bacteria, calculus (tartar), and debris that has collected under the gum line.
Treatment: Circled area’s highlight the tartar build-up in the x-ray
- Needed when oral tissue including bone level has had a significant amount of structural damage and a normal dental cleaning would not be adequate for it’s healing.
- Factors such as smoking, poor oral hygiene and diet can affect the longevity of the results.
Before & After
This term is used when combining one or more dental hygiene treatments to rid your mouth of periodontal disease and to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- A debridement (cleaning) was completed to remove heavy plaque and tartar build-up, which was causing bleeding and inflammation to the gums.
- Bleeding and inflammation of the gums can be reversible!
- Frequent dental hygiene treatment and visits, including good oral hygiene techniques at home are determining factors.